The Pierre, New York
This is a very special week, as we are kicking off a new monthly series featuring top wedding planners and the properties where they love to work!!!
To us, the perfect place to start is right here in New York City with Leslie Mastin of Leslie Mastin Events, and one of her favorite venue’s, The Pierre. We could not be more excited to highlight this property that is synonymous with classic New York and luxury. The cherry on top: it is also a Stylish Bride client who we helped craft every aspect of the fashion for the wedding!
Why we love Leslie: Simply put, Leslie Mastin is one of the very best people that I know in our industry. I have done several weddings with her, and each time is was a pleasure to work with her and the client is thrilled. After being in the industry for 20 years, she has recently gone out on her own and opened her company, Leslie Mastin Events. I could not be more excited to see the amazing events she plans in the coming years!
5 things Leslie loves about working at The Pierre:
1) The flow of the space is fantastic from the ceremony to cocktails to dinner, and the floor plan gives you the ability to grow in space as the night goes on.
2) The Catering team under the leadership of Bill Spinner are seasoned pros and a joy to work with.
3) The Chef and his talented culinary team are always open to new ideas. We have served everything from fried chicken and kobe beef burgers for entrees to mini banana split bites for dessert
4) The rooms have just been renovated and the team managing them are very helpful.
5) They pay attention to the small details and go out of their way to personalize the experience to the client.
The Wedding Dress:
Mary’s wedding dress story is one of my favorites. Leslie introduced us, and at our first meeting, she told me that she hates to shop, and she’s really worried about finding a wedding dress that she likes. After learning a lot more about her and what she likes, I set up an afternoon of appointments for her to try on dresses. Our first stop was Vera Wang, which I knew would be the perfect place to begin as they take such good care of my clients. The second dress Mary tried, she didn’t want to take off, and decided then and there that it was her dress! She absolutely loved it, and felt amazing in it on her wedding day!
All Photos by Donna Newman Photography